Wednesday, April 17, 2013

UPDATE ABOUT MY STORIES, FROM HOPE



My dear friends and faithful readers,

I’m sorry that I have been so long absent here.  I’ve been struggling with a number of things, some of them for quite a long time.  I’ve taken a deep breath and decided to just let you know what has been going on and why it’s been so long since I’ve posted anything.

The past couple of years have brought some very traumatic events into my life and I found I wasn’t coping with them well.  In January, I was hospitalized and diagnosed with clinical depression, a diagnosis that has turned my world upside down.  They say I have no need to be ashamed but still the stigma (however much self-imposed) is there.  They are working to try to find something that works for me to help with the depression but as yet the meds aren’t doing what they need to be.

As you can hopefully understand, my mind isn’t on the creative process right now.  I’d hate to see what I’d write if it were.  I have NOT abandoned my story and I will get back to it although it will most likely be a few months.  It’s okay to ask about this, I’m okay with that.
On a somewhat brighter note, while my creative processes aren’t cooperating with my current story, myself and a few others are working to get two of my previous, non-vamp storied ready to be published on Amazon for the kindle.  Sometimes and What My Heart Desires are long finished and in the editing process now.  I’ll keep you all informed of the progress of it all.

With love,
Cyndy  (Hope)

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I am so proud of you for taking control of this instead of letting it control you. There is no shame here. Only love and admiration for your bravery.

Hope said...

Thank you, Laurie. I do appreciate you loyalty and caring.

Cyndy

Lynette said...

Hi Hope. I keep checking every so often to see if something new has been posted. Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you are going through so much. I know I don't know you personally but from reading all your stories I feel like I know the amazing person you are! Keep your head up.

Jo said...

Hi Hope. Remember me?

I'm sorry for all you're going through. I hope everything works out for you. I haven't been here in quite some time but something made me think of you today. (I do that every so often.) Hope to see you "back up and writing" soon.

gentledove said...

Sometimes anti-depressants don't work...or the typical ones don't. Then there are the atypical anti-depressants, lithium, or the anti-psychotics (which by the way cause weight gain). I was treated unsuccessfully for depression for over a dozen years until they figured out I was bi-polar and that was why the anti-depressants weren't working on me (they triggered mania). They are now using Seroquel (an anti-psychotic) for treatment of bi-polar disorder and it helps. The point I am making is that there are lots of different psych meds (avoid paxil if you can as you get really sick if you have to stop it cold turkey) out there and only some are anti-depressants. And if one med doesn't work, then try another or another type. Eventually, they will get it right. Also, talk therapy can help too and so can cognitive therapy. Just don't give up....you have a strong talent for writing! Good luck and God bless!

stone decor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.